Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Geez, I stink. Here's a phatass update.

--I finished Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix. The nice thing about being a book behind is that I could pick this up in paperback (and save 10-20 dollars), plus now I can dive right into HP & The Half Blood Prince with no pesky waiting.

The bad thing is that it's been so long since I read a HP book, and these things are so continuity heavy, I have a hard time remembering who Viktor Krum or Firenze were.

As far as HP&TOOTP, it was hard to get through at first since Harry just got shit on so much. It should have just been called Harry Potter Gets Shit On. Things definitely picked up, and I really had a hard time putting the book down for the last 200 pages or so.

--Check out this link, which compares every Major League baseball team to a Simpsons
character. Shame on you if you can't guess who the Yankees are.

--I think I'm finally taking the iPod plunge this week.

--There's nothing like picking up Tiger Woods 2004 for the first time in a year and shooting a -20 round at Spyglass Hill.

--I don't know what to make of this whole Mark Bellhorn deal. The guy hit home runs in three straight playoff game, including the game winner (the one that made this huge KLANG as it hit Pesky's Pole) in game 1 of the World Series. But he's been awful this year. Just God awful. He's hitting .216 with 8 homers and 29 RBI, plus he struck out 109 times in 283 at bats. So roughly every five official at bats he struck out twice. Now he's going to the Yankees. I don't know how to feel, other than sorry for the Yankees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home