Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Went deep sea fishing Sunday with my dad on Sunday as part of an outing his company puts together. The day actually started at around 2 A.M., when I thought a bomb went off in my room but it was just some hellacious lightning, following by a downpour. I was worried the weather would ruin the trip, but thankfully it was a passing storm and the rain wasn’t a problem.

So I was up at 3:50 A.M. to get to my dad’s company at 5:00. From there we took a bus to Gloucster, MA to get on a boat to leave at 7:00, then travel about an hour out to sea.

The good news: my dad only caught one more fish than I did.
The bad news: he only caught one fish.

They just weren’t biting for whatever reason. No one on the trip had much luck. I did catch two sharks (about two feet long and obviously tossed back into the ocean) along with a baby haddock (too small to keep). Still, it was a good time. I find it very serene to be whipping along the ocean with nothing but water all around you.

It's cold on the ocean, so I was dressed for winter, with a sweater, heavy coat, gloves, hat, earmuffs, and boots. And yet my face gets sunburned, even though the sun never came out. Now I have a nice drunkish glow about me.

There was this little yellow bird (looked like a sparrow, but I have no idea what it was doing so far out at sea). It kept fluttering around the boat, landing on people’s fishing rods and almost on some people’s shoulders. Quite amusing to see it hanging around without a care. Then a seagull came by and ate it. Very distressing.

The cruelties of nature aside, it was a good day. Took yesterday off to recover and played about 500 games of Baseball Stars. I’m at the point where my created team is good enough to win games, which means more money to jack up their stats, which means I win more games, which means I jack their stats up more, etc. Very addicting. It’s worse than heroin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home