Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Friday, April 16, 2004

Remember that post where I was devastated when I blew the chance for a 51? (I hope so, it’s right below this one) Well after shooting a 53 in the second round, I tried again last night. Had a tough start as I parred two holes on the front nine (and birdied the rest for a -7), then caught FIRE on the back nine with four eagles (two on par fives, the other on par fours (one I reached the green with my driver and holed the other from 150 feet out)). I had the birdie putt on 18 again to cinch the -20 round, haunted by the miss two days ago. I putt. Maybe ... maybeee ... YES SIR!!!!!!! SWEET REDEMPTION. Definitely a highlight of my gaming career. After three rounds I’m at -57 on rounds of 52, 53, and 51. I’m on pace for -76 for the tournament, but I’ll probably top out at -70.

Here's a fantastic timewaster: people beating old NES games in record times. Some guy blows through Ninja Gaiden (one of the all-time impossible NES games) in 18 minutes and only gets hit like 4 times. Cripes.

I’ll be done The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay probably tomorrow. I’ll post some thoughts when I’m done. After that, maybe I’ll pick up some light reading.

Back Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home