Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Ronald Reagan passed away last weekend, as I’m sure you’ve heard. In the wake of his death, we’ve seen statements running the gamut from “Best President of the 20th century” to “He was a war criminal and should have died in prison.” Reality, as it usually does, likely falls somewhat in between.

I can’t really comment on his legacy--my main concerns during the Reagan administration were riding my bike, watching cartoons, and playing video games until my eyeballs shorted out. However, Reagan was the first President I ever knew (I was only three when Carter left office). It was always like, I don’t know, having your grandfather be president.

And no matter what you thought of him, it had to be terrible suffering from Alzheimer’s. I always thought going peacefully at an old age was the best way to go, but I hope to God my mind isn’t gone when it’s my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home