Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Went to Arby’s yesterday (hey, I had a coupon—four roast beef sandwiches for 5 bucks (no, I didn’t eat all four)). First off, the guy in front on me had this king-sized mullet. He looked like a Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie circa ‘73. It was a thing of beauty. You don’t see many mullets in Massachusetts, so it was all I could do to keep from laughing. Hell, I’m giggling right now.

Anyway, I place my order for the sandwiches and an order of curly fries. The girl (looked to be in high school) goes to the Pepsi Machine and fills up a medium, then places it right in front of me.

“Um, is this for me?” I ask. She nods. “I didn’t order this.”

“I thought you said you wanted a medium Pepsi,” she replies.

“No, I said ‘Curley Fries.’”

How you get from “Pepsi” from “Curley Fries” I don’t know. Either I need to enunciate more or that girl needs to clean the wax out of her ears. Anyway, I got my Curley fries, and the girl through in the Pepsi for free. So it all worked out, although I don’t know what the moral of this story is supposed to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home