Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Monday, September 27, 2004

Had a minor medical procedure done today. Nothing major at all, in fact, I got to watch a few movies while it was going on. It had to be on VHS and I didn't want anything really "adult" (i.e., rated R) so that limited my options a bit. I went with Say Anything... and Dirty Work.

If you haven't seen Say Anything... I don't know what to tell you. I think it's John Cusack's best performance and the rare movie that never gets remotely stale even though I've seen it a million times. Plus it's fun to yell "I'm incarcerated, Lloyd!"

Dirty Work was a Norm MacDonald vehicle from 1998 centering around Norm and Artie Lang opening a revenge for hire business to pay for a heart transplant for Artie's dad. That sounds like a complete slam dunk, but honestly, the movie has it's flaws (doesn't capitalize on its concept enough, plus a plot that makes minimal sense at times). And if you're not a fan of Norm MacDonald's brand of humor (ex: saying the word "whore" a lot), you won't like this. But it never fails to crack me up. Especially this exchange.

Token woman: Wait, you two are brothers?
Norm: It's a long story.
Artie: My dad boned his mom.
Norm: OK, I guess it's a short story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home