Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Thursday, February 03, 2005

A few random thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday:

*Every day on my way to work I pass the local high school, and on the lawn in front of the school there's a sandwich board sign that advertises a play called "Revenge of the Space Pandas." This thing always grabs my attention, because of (A) the wacky name, and (B) the fact that besides the name of the play, there's also a set of mean looking eyeballs, which presumably belong to the pandas in question.

Anyway, I got curious about this name. Was it a joke? Did a student write it (presumably after cutting shop class to smoke a pound of skunk weed)? So I did a little research and found it it is an actual play, written by David Mamet no less. Yes, that David Mamet. I'm serious. Go look it up.

*Here's my new favorite website this month: The Comics Curmugdeon, which is basically a witty breakdown of several comic strips, including such winners as B.C. and Judge Parker. The Mark Trail stuff about burping cows just killed me, especially the drawing of a bovine that looked to be in mid-belch.

*The most popular search leading people to this site? Some form of "Serena Sutherland" and "lesbian." Glad to be of service, folks.

*As, yes, the Super Bowl. News flash: I think the Patriots are going to win. Forget all the talk of ankles and Fredex; the Patriots are just a better team. Look at the way they decimated Indy and Pittsburgh. And then look at who the Eagles beat on their way to the bowl: Minnesota (pretty good team) and Atlanta (wildly inconsistent). I think Philly's going to get overwhelmed in the end.

The Shoe's predicted score:

Patriots 31
Eagles 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home