Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Geez, I'm lazy.

Thoughts of the day:

*There's nothing sillier looking than women in business suits who wear sneakers on the way to the office.
*Are female monkeys still monkeys, or are they called something else?
*I was in a store the other day and saw One Day At A Time: Season 1 on DVD. Is there anyone in the world who was pining for this? Anyone?
*I upgraded to a digital package and got a slew of music channels, some of which actually (gasp) play music videos. My big one is VH1 Classic (worth it alone for the Ratt video where they're in the saloon). Watching MTV Hits made me wonder: has mainstream rock ever been this shitty? I see these toothless, cookie cutter bands like Crossfade and Switchfoot and I thjnk "Geez, no wonder kids don't like rock anymore. It blows."
*By the way, you've probably seen commericials or heard about the Kidz Bop line of albums, where popular songs are covered with kids singing the choruses (and all the potential "naughty" parts are edited out or changed, so it's "safe" for kids). Well, they just came out with number seven in the series, and along with the usual suspects (Usher, Avril Lavinge, etc.) they include a cover of "Float On" by Modest Mouse. Now, that's actually not a bad choice for a song, since it's a pretty upbeat tune and has a big chorus. But geez, Modest Mouse? Why couldn't they cover "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine?" Or "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes?"

Back tomorrow with more on the Patriots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maestroken said...

I adore my incorrectly downloaded Kidz Bop version of Len's "Steal My Sunshine". Always brings a smile to me everytime I hear it.

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home