Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I'm stuck in work, so I figured I may as well drop an update since I'll be busy with family-related business the next few days.

I was thinking about the whole "Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays" debate, and I think everyone needs to calm down.

If you're an atheist and someone says "Merry Christmas," is that really worth getting upset over? It's not like they said "You suck and I laugh at your values." Is wanting someone to have a merry Christmas really a bad thing?

If if someone says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas," again, is it worth getting worked up about it? Isn't "happy holidays" a nice thought?

Personally, I always say "Merry Christmas" because that's what I celebrate, and it's what everyone I know celebrates. If someone said "Happy Chanukah" to me, I wouldn't take offense, although it would be pretty funny.

Merry Christmas everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home