Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

California Diary Day 2 (2/14/05)

Woke up at 5 AM, which is 8 AM ET, which is when I usually get up, so I guess it all evened out.

It's so weird for me being in the Bay Area, since I used to worship the punkscene out here in college or high school, and here I am, practically in Berkeley.Of course, if I tried to go to Gillman Street today I'd probably get my ass kicked.Getting old sucks, kids.

The day started out cloudy but it was 55 degrees, so I has no complaints.

I spent the day in Oakland meeting brokers. Oakland's kind of dumpy, at least theportions I saw. I did learn the Golden State Warriors (maybe the most nondescriptfranchise in NBA history) play in Oakland. Who knew?

I had sushi for lunch. Hey, when in Rome, right? It's, uh, a bit of an acquiredtaste, and I don't think I've acquired it yet.

It started raining about noon. Oh well, it was still an upgrade from back east.

Fun notes: I passed by a place called "God's Gym." No idea what was going on there. And I marked out for being on Telegraph Avenue, which has been referencedin seemingly dozens of songs.

Since it was Valentine's Day, every one had prior plans, so I went back to my hoteland ate a Bit O'Honey and a Diet Coke for supper. All in all, it was a pretty goodVD for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home