Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Playing ketchup:

Item #1: Celtics stink

My Work Buddy Johnny and I were aghast at the Celtics game 7 effort on Saturday. Pitiful. What would Larry Bird think? Well, since he's with the Pacers now I guess he was happy, but still. I think it's time to dump Paul Pierce and start fresh with the young guys.

Item #2: Red Sox do not stink

Wow, two walkoff home runs in two days. Sucks to be Octavio Dotel. I'm liking this team--they give off a real scrappy vibe, even though the team payroll is larger than the GNP of most small countries.

Item #3: Gee whiz.

Go read this. And this. I definitely know what I'm naming my fantasy team this fall.

Item #4: I got promoted

I wasn't expecting it either. And I won a free song from iTunes from my Diet Mountain Dew. That was a good day.

Item #5: Chris Candido

Professional wrestler Chris Candido passed away last week. He wrestled pretty much everwhere in the mid-to-late 90's and I always liked his work. He got hooked on drugs and pretty much burned all his bridges in the business. Most people figured he would end up another casualty of the business.

Then last year word spread that he'd gotten back into shape and was apparently clean, and we soon started hearing raves about his in-ring work. He was working smaller shows, and soon was appearing on TV for TNA Wrestling. It was a nice story in a business where nice stories are few and far between.

Then a few weeks back, he subbed in a match on a PPV. He took an errant dropkick and broke his leg. He went to the hospital and was released, and worked TV the next day. After that show, he was not feeling well, and soon was dead of a blood clot.

Can you imagine fighting to overcome your demons, then dying of a frigging blood clot while you're making a borderline miraculous comeback. Just another reminder of how fucked up a place the world can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home