Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Two things that demand comment:

*I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday and actually saw a book called Yoga For Wimps. How pathetic are you if need yoga toned down for you? It’s not exactly high impact exercise. Plus there’s apparently a whole line of “For Wimps” books, like the “Idiot’s Guide” and “Dummies” brand of self-help books. I think I'd rather be a dummy than a wimp. Presumably, with the knowledge contained in the books, I could become less of a dummy. But I doubt a book can make you less wimpy, especially one about yoga.

*I was flipping around this weekend and came across one of those entertainment newsmagazine shows (can’t remember which one). They were discussing Brittany Spears’ pregnancy, and ran a poll asking the viewer which female celebrity they would like to see knocked up next—the choices were Demi Moore, Jessica Simpson, and someone else. First of all, who cares? How is your life affected one iota if any celebrity gets knocked up?

Then, and this killed me, because Jessica Simpson won, they did a photo treatment to show what she would look like if she was pregnant. Really, are we this lacking in imagination that we cannot picture what Jessica Simpson would look like if she was pregnant? Here’s a hint: she’d have a big stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home