Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Movin' right along...

Disc Three:
01 "Under the Bridge" - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Let me say, Blood Sugar Sex Magik does not hold up at all.)
02 "Unsung" - Helmet (Fantastic song, killer groove. I just stuck this on a mix CD.)
03 "Jump Around" - House Of Pain (I still get a kick out of this song.)
04 "Free Your Mind" - En Vogue (Song's not great, but damn, En Vogue was hot. A better, 90's version of Destiny's Child.)
05 "Rump Shaker" - Wreckx-N-Effect (Ah, here's Wreckx-N-Effect. Probably the #2 song about butts.)
06 "Informer" - Snow (This turned into a punchline almost instantly. A likki-boom-boom down.)
07 "Connected" - Stereo MCs (I've heard this one, not sure if I liked it or not.)
08 "Detachable Penis" - King Missile (Bad novelty song, if you couldn't guess by the title.)
09 "Freak Me" - Silk (Dunno.)
10 "Ordinary World" - Duran Duran (Comeback song for DD. I remember liking it.)
11 "If I Can't Change Your Mind" - Sugar (Ah, sweet Bob Mould.)
12 "Three Little Pigs" - Green Jelly (Novelty song. Sorta funny for maybe two listens. They used to be Green Jello before they got sued.)
13 "Start Choppin" - Dinosaur Jr. (Good choice.)
14 "The Devil's Chasing Me" - The Reverend Horton Heat (I always thought the Reverend was more schtick than musical chops, but that's just me.)
15 "Gone to the Moon" - Fastbacks (Can't hate any boxed set that sneaks the Fastbacks on there. Maybe they're making up for the lack of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc, with all these semi-obscure Seattle bands.)
16 "My Name Is Mud" - Primus (Ah, good old Primus. It's hard to believe music as weird as this went platinum several times.)
17 "What's Up" - 4 Non Blondes (Annoying. Surpisingly, Linda Perry lives on as a hitmaker for any young female solo artist.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home