Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

True to my word, I beat Liberty City Stories yesterday morning. I would have done it Monday night but I was tired. Here’s my guide to the final mission, which isn’t that tough when you know what to do:

Beforehand, I HIGHLY recommend you find at least 70 hidden packages, so you have easy access to armor (a must), the colt revolver, the assault rifle, and the laser sniper. Pick up two sets of rockets too.

Step 1: Get in the Leone Sentinel and drive Salvatore to Staunton and City Hall. There’s going to be a car of Farellis shooting at you soon after you leave Sal’s, but just ignore them and keep going. I cut through Chinatown and never saw them again.

Step 2: When you arrive at City Hall, get out of the car and blast the four hitmen. Use the Colt for one shot kills – if you take a little damage don’t worry.

Step 3: Drive to the docks (the same place where you did the “Love on the Rocks” mission). There’s armor in the swimming pool area in one of the apartment buildings as you approach the docks. Get in the circle and snipe the wiseguy on the docks.

Step 4: Now you’re in the boat as Sal drives and you have to take out the numerous boats (and a helicopter) following you. My only advice is keep you finger on the trigger, since there’s no ammo limitation, and aim for the boats and they’ll blow up quickly. Your damage meter should get half full but you’ll be fine.

Step 5: Here’s where it gets tricky. Your at the lighthouse and there are hitman staged all over the hill in hard to hit places. My advice is to creep slowly along the path and use the rocket launcher to clear out any bogeys (just make sure you don’t blast yourself to smithereens, as I did on one attempt). I also lobbed a grenade at the guy hiding in the grass. Once you have a clear path, run up the stairs to the checkpoint.

Step 6: Now you have to take out the helicopter. DON”T use the missiles – the copter moves too fast. Use the assault rifle, and you can lock on. Just keep blasting and grab the armor if necessary. The chopper should be done in no time. Then kick back and watch the credits.

I still have stuff to do like the side missions and whatnot, but I don’t know if I’ll bother. Getting 100% completion in a game never really mattered to me, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home