Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Correction from yesterday. I said the Pats were the only unbeaten team in the NFL. I meant to say the AFC, as the Philadelphia Eagles are also 6-0. My apologies to all the Eagles, except Terrell Owens, who I hear has B.O.

(Couldn't you see T.O. getting a Right Guard endorsement out of that? Like he sees the sign and starts crying, then the announcer tells him to start his day with Right Guard? I should be in advertising.)

John Peel, mythic British DJ, passed away due to a heart attack last night at the age of 65. Peel was a figure on the BBC for 37, known for pushing a wide variety of music and also for his famous "Peel Sessions," live sessions recorded in studio by hundreds of bands. Others will say more about Peel better than I ever could, but I always respected him as someone who championed music he loved, trends be damned. He will be missed.

The BBC's page on Peel can be found here.

Time for a quick catnap, then it's another late night for the World Series. And...wait for it...here it comes...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home