Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Friday, October 15, 2004

You want to know how my week was? I developed an eye twitch after Game 1 of the ALDS. I'm not joking.

Things do look bad, with our ace seemingly done for the year and our #2 pitcher losing his mind. But I'm not ready to quit yet. Brandon, er, Bronson Arroyo will pitch game 3 at Fenway. Not only will the home crowd make a huge difference, but you forget, Arroyo had a better performance than either Schilling or Pedro against the Angels (granted, he pitched at home, but still). I think he and Wakefield can win, especially if the bats come alive (which they usually do at home). If the game is canceled tonight, which it looks like it wil be, then Pedro can pitch game 5 at Fenway with full rest. Then maybe Derek Lowe can throw at Yankee stadium, and I've heard rumblings Nike is creating a special boot for Curt to use in game 7.

Am I pissing in the wind? Possibly. But I still believe.

Speaking of the Yankees, I actually saw a Yankee fan pull the "woe is me" routine because lots of people root against the Yankees. Golly, you think that's offset by the fact that they've won a hundred or so titles the past century. Unreal. Converesly, no one likes Red Sox fans and we never win. That's quite a combo package.

Did I mention the main antagonist of my sitcom pilot was an obnoxious Yankees fan? Oops, sorry to be redundant.

And if the Sox do get knocked out, I throw my support fully behind the Cardinals. Seems like a good town and the players seem like OK people (no Milton Bradleys, anyway). If it's a Yankees/Astros world series, and I have to choose between the Yankees or Roger Clemens, well, it won't be pretty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon M. said...

Would that have been me?

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Jon M. said...

And if it was me, there was no "woe is me" about it. My rant was about the "Oh, Break Up The Yankees" attitude with no better resolution as to what to do with them.

I'm not a Sox-hating Yankee fan. Quite the opposite, I prefer Fenway to Yankee Stadium by far. I just happened to come to Yankee-fandom in the era of Reggie Jackson.

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Jon M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Actually, I was talking about Yakuza Rich over at the DVDVR board. I was like "people want to knock you off because you win all the time. That's a small price to pay.

I don't have a problem with most Yankees fans. Its just that a few Yankees fans I've met are the most obnoxious human beings ever put on Earth (and I'm sure some Yank fans would say the same about Sawks fans).

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Jon M. said...

Okay. Cool.

At least the Houston/St.L series is a good one.

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home