Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

California Diary Day Trois (2/15)

It poured rain all day. I'm not talking drizzles or scattered showers--I'm talking record rainfall. Figures.

I drove with a rep down to San Jose--it took two hours. My total commute time to and from work is around 25 minutes, so I was getting a little antsy. San Jose did seem like a nice town, but I'm told housing prices are astronomical out here. In the Bay Area, $900,000 will get you started on buying a house. Cripes.

After San Jose, we drove back to San Fran, so I got to see a lot of the sights (well, kinda, it was really foggy). I did see Monster Park (or whatever the hell the call Candlestick Park these days) and the Golden Gate Bridge. We then had lunch at this Chinese restaurant where you don't have a menu. People just come by on carts with different items, and you just pick what you want, and they'll stamp your menu. Pretty cool. Thanks to my experience with sushi the day before, I'm a whiz with chopsticks.

[Tangent: Why don't atheists ever complain about the cities in CA starting with "San" (San meaning saint in Spanish). There's a ton of 'em--San Francisco, San Diego, San Pedro, San Jose. If they argue about "under God" being in the Pledge of Allegiance, you think this would be next on the list.]

After that, I trudge around SF in the pouring rain (does seem like a nice city). Then I get taken out to dinner (the very nice thing about business travel is the fact that you get whined and dined for everything).

I go back to my hotel, pack my things, and get ready to bid San Francisco a heartfelt goodbye.

Next: Destination San Diego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home