Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Huh huh...he said "homeowner": Well, it's done. After weeks of paperwork, information gathering, and juggling finances, I finally closed on my condo today. You have no idea what a relief this is. Best of all, I love my new place--right price, right location, plus I got an interest rate below 6%, and I finally have something to show for all my years of hard work.

Moving will probably take place after Christmas. And man, with my bank account being drained, I'm glad I'm not exchanging many presents with people this year. I can't even afford coal right now.

Cemetary Gates: In an amazing story, guitarist Dimebag Daryl, formerly of Pantera, was shot and killed onstage last night performing with his new band Damageplan. I won't confess to being a huge fan, but they did have some great tunes and I may go out and finally get a CD copy of "Vulgar Display of Power."

Sidenote: As I was waiting in the bank today, I saw a guy walk in wearing a Pantera shirt. I wonder if he knew and wore the shirt as tribute, or if it was just a macabre coincidence. I thought about saying something to him, but I was wearing a suit and tie and thought I might come across like a dope discussing Pantera.

That's Hot: I saw Curt Schilling on Barbara Walters' "Ten Most Fascinating People of 2004" show last night. Hey, I (heart) Curt, but I don't know if I consider him fascinating. Then again, Curt was followed by Paris Hilton. The only thing fascinating about her is that she's famous for no reason except being famous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home