Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Monday, August 02, 2004

No More Nomar:

The end of an era here in Boston, as Nomar Garciaparra got traded to the Cubs as part of a four team swap. A lot of people are dumping on the trade, but honestly, its best for all concerned parties. Nomar hated it here and Boston and was leaving at the end of the season, even if we offered him all the tea in Asia. No he gets a fresh start for the Cubs.

As for the Sox, we get Orlando Cabrerra and Doug Mientkiewicz, which hopefully upgrades our shitty defense. Do Doug and Orlando = Nomar? No. But we needed something and we improved a glaring weakness. It'll have to do.

I watched Nomar's debut in Chi-town and and saw a sign where "Nomah" was crossed out and "Nomar" was written underneath. That broke my heart a little.

Down With The Sickness:

I'm very susceptible to colds. For years, I'd get a least two every winter. But for the past two years I've been invinciable, not even getting a runny nose ever though this last winter was abysmal. So now, when its finally warming up, naturally, I'm under the weather. No idea how this happened--I haven't even been using my air conditioner lately. So I had a miserable weekend, but thankfully I'm on the tail end of things.

Ends n' Odds

Finished Watership Down, which may be the best book I've read all year. Seriously. The book is about a group of rabbits, but it is in no way a children's novel. It's a little slow to start but the second half the book is as suspenseful as anything I've ever read.

BTW, Watership Down is the name of a place, like Blueberry Field. It's not about a boat. Hey, shut up, I bet you thought it was about a boat too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home