Would would you do, given a chance to meet God?

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I don't know the exact date, but I think I just passed my ninth anniversary of being online. I got my first taste of the intenet when I started as a freshman in college in '95. The internet hadn't really exploded like it would in a few years, but God, that was mindblowing. I would goof off for hours in the library and computer labs looking up websites about sports, music, and especially wrestling. Yes, while others were busying imbibing enough alcohol to kill a horse, I was busily trying to find the results of the latest ECW show.

I can't wait to tell my future kids "When I was a kid, we didn't have any internet. If we wanted to look something up, we went to the library. If we wanted to make a call outside, we used a pay phone. And our video games were 8-bit, and goddamit, we liked it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home